Jesus-Family Weggis is a Christian Free Church. We are a group of people of different ages and are organized as an incorporated nonprofit association. We want to live our daily lives with and through God's Word (the Bible) and led by the Holy Spirit. (as described in Acts 2:42-47)
- meet regularly for worship, praise, prayer
- maintain contacts with Christians at home and abroad
- are on the way to prayers in different places
- are happy at work, holiday, sports and games
- wish us that God's love for all people becomes visible and experienceable
Our desire and experience in everyday life
We believe and experience in everyday life, that the book of Acts is not past, but that even today and tomorrow signs and wonders are taking place by the power of Jesus.
As it is written in Hebrews, "Heb 13.8":
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever!
We see ourselves as part of the entire Christianity and would like to contribute, so that the message of Jesus Christ (the Gospel) is made known in all its fullness to all people in the world.
What we belive
The Bible is the recorded, true Word of God. It is the base for faith and still valid and up to date for daily life.
We believe in the Triune God: God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God is the Creator and Lord of the whole universe.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became man. He who is without sin, died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins and deliverance from the power of sin. He was risen on the third day and later ascended into heaven.
- From there He will come again to complete His Church, to establish His kingdom on earth and for the last judgment.
- The Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost. Baptism in the Holy Spirit confers on the believer the conviction of sin and the knowledge of salvation.
We believe that the people of Israel are still God's people and are committed to, that the will of God is done with this country and its people.
We are connected and identify with the "Lausanner Convenant".